Property Tax Information
- 2013 Taxation Due Dates
- Payment Options
- Tax Assessments
- Change of Address
- Tax Rate By-Law
2013 Taxation Due Dates
Interim Tax Bills
Final Tax Bills
|All Classes||For Residential, Farmland and Management Forest Classes ONLY||For Commercial and Industrial Classes|
|To be mailed on March 6th and due in two installments as follows:
> 1st Installment: March 29th
> 2nd Installment: May 29th
|Anticipated that they will be mailed on August 6th and due in two installments as follows:
> 1st Installment: August 29th
> 2nd Installment: October 29th
|Anticipated that they will be mailed on September 4th and due in two installments as follows:
> 1st Installment: September 27th
> 2nd Installment: November 27th
Paying Taxes Online
When Paying your taxes with on-line banking through your financial institution, we are listed under:
N for North Frontenac, Township of, Taxes
Your 'account number' is your Roll number. That number should be prefaced by the County/Municipal number, which is 1042
Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan
Starting in October 2012, with the 2nd installments of the Final Tax Bills, you can take advantage of the Pre-Authorized Tax Payment Plan. By completing and submitting the form below you will enable the Township to automatically draw payments from your financial institution for your tax bill on the installment due dates.
Pre-authorized Tax Payment Plan - Authorization Agreement Form
Complete and submit this form to the Township office for processing.
Call the Township office (613) 479-2231 or email [email protected] for more information.
To look up the tax assesment for your property,
visit the Ontario Municipal Property Assessment Corporation (MPAC) website.
Change of Address
If you have changed your address,
you must complete the Change of Address Confirmation Form,
and send it to the Municipal Office for processing.
- THAT on all taxes of the levy, which are in default after the due date of any installment thereof, a penalty of 1 1/4 per cent of the amount due and unpaid on the first day of default shall be imposed and thereafter a penalty of 1 1/4 per month shall be added on the 1st day of each and every month the default continues, until December 31, 2013.
- THAT on all taxes in default on January 1st, 2014, interest shall be added at the rate of 1 ¼ per cent per month for each month or fraction thereof in which the default continues.
- THAT penalties and interest added in default shall become due and payable and shall be collected as if the same had originally been imposed and formed part of such unpaid tax levy. All penalties and interest are to be collected first and the principle will be applied to the rates payable as taxes.
- THAT monthly tax arrears notices not be sent if the balance outstanding is less than five dollars ($5.00).
- THAT the Treasurer may mail or cause the same to be mailed to the residence or place of business of such person indicated on the last revised assessment roll, unless the taxpayer directs or authorizes the Treasurer in writing to send the bill to another address, a written or printed notice specifying the amount of taxes payable.
- THAT taxes shall be payable to The Corporation of the Township of North Frontenac and paid into the office of the Treasurer, 6648 Road 506, Plevna, Ontario K0H 2M0 or via the telebanking or Internet banking systems with major specified banks.
- THAT payments made in U.S. funds shall be credited at par, meaning no exchange will be paid as payments are accepted in Canadian Funds only.
All tax rate information can be found in the interactive charts below.
Note that numbers are minorly rounded in the charts below,
and the official raw figures can be in the 2013 Tax Rates document.