News and Events stay in the loop with North Frontenac.
Expanded public notifications when considering proposed subdivision and vacant land condominium developments
The County of Frontenac is looking for public input regarding a request from the Township of South Frontenac to provide expanded public notifications when considering proposed subdivision and vacant land condominium developments.
Specifically, in addition to the requirements set out in the Planning Act, the Township of South Frontenac is asking that for any subdivision or plan of condominium greater than three units be subject to the following enhanced provisions:
- Bring to the attention of the public through a presentation to the Committee of the Whole any proposal for subdivision or plan of condominium greater than 3 units, after the developer has completed the pre consultation phase. This shall occur no later than 30 days before the notice for a statutory public meeting;
- Provide six calendar weeks' notice of the statutory public meeting through the regulated means of advertising. (Currently, the Planning Act only requires 20 days notice);
- Have the developer install, at their expense, a durable sign, notifying the community of the public meeting at least six weeks in advance of the meeting date;
- Ensure that the sign for the proposed development is in a visible location at the edge of the property on the road abutting the property. The developer is to remove the signage 30 days after the public meeting;
- Ensure that the sign shall be at least 1 metre by 1.2 metres in size and contain the information specified by the Planning Department;
- Have the developer provide photographic evidence that the sign is erected on the date required;
- Advertise a summary of the Notice in the weekly banner advertising directing readers to the website six weeks in advance of the meeting. A subsequent notice shall be published three weeks In advance and again one week in advance of the meeting.
County staff will be taking a report to the June 12 Planning Advisory Committee meeting with recommendations regarding this request and would appreciate your comments and feedback as any recommendations will have a direct effect on planning applications in your respective Townships.
Your comments would be appreciated no later than May 29. Written submissions should be sent to the County Clerk’s Office:
Jannette Amini, County Clerk
The Corporation of the County of Frontenac
2069 Battersea Road
Glenburnie ON K0H 1S0
OR email submissions to [email protected]
Notice of Collection: Personal information collected as a result of this request from the Township of South Frontenac for expanded public notification provisions regarding planning applications is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA), the Planning Act, and all other relevant legislation, and will be used to assist in making a decision on this matter. All personal information (as defined by MFIPPA), including (but not limited to) names, addresses, opinions and comments collected will be made available for public disclosure to members of the public, at the meeting, through requests, and through the website of the Corporation of the Township of North Frontenac. Questions regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of this personal information may be directed to the undersigned.