Employment and Tenders send your resume, submit your tender.
Employment opportunities and tenders with the Township are advertised in the local newspaper and on our website. New opportunities are posted as news items on our website, so if you regularly follow current news on the home page, you wouldn't risk missing any opportunities.
All details about specific employment and tender opportunities are posted here on this page. Please submit your resume or tender as outlined.
The Township is seeking resumes for a vacant position from a highly motivated, experienced, hands-on person to join our municipal team as the Public Works Manager (PWM).
Working under the direction of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO), the incumbent is responsible for the overall operation and management of the Public Works and Waste Management operations. The PWM leads and directs the Public Works and Waste/Recycling Departments by developing a comprehensive program, for Council to consider, for the operation and Capital Asset Management of the infrastructure of these Departments; while following guidelines established by the policies of Township Council and/or the CAO and in accordance with Legislation, and within approved budget guidelines.
The salary range is $33.85 – $40.58 per hour and the normal work week is 40 hours. Hours will vary; weekend work and overtime may be required to meet the job requirements.
A copy of the Role Description is available on the Township’s website at www.northfrontenac.com/employment.html or at the Township Office.
For further information, prior to September 1, 2017, please contact Jim Phillips, P. Eng., Public Works Manager at (613) 479-2231 Ext. 230 or “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
Information gathered relative to this position is done so in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will only be used for candidate selection purposes.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. The Township is an equal opportunity employer. We would be pleased to provide accommodations, upon request, throughout the recruitment process to applicants with disabilities to ensure equal participation.
Please apply with a detailed resume by
Noon local time on Monday September 11, 2017
Clearly marked “Confidential – Public Works Manager” to
Cheryl Robson, AMCT CAO
Township of North Frontenac
6648 Road 506, Plevna, ON K0H 2M0
Phone: (613) 479-2231 Ext. 221 Fax: (613) 479-2352
The Township of North Frontenac requires the services of a Contractor(s) to supply, deliver, mix with salt and stockpile screened winter sand at two storage locations and provide loading, mixing and stockpiling services, only, at a third storage location. All winter sand to be supplied by the Contractor(s) shall be screened in accordance with Ontario Provincial Standard Specifications (OPSS) 1004, Table 9.
Request for Quotation (RFQ) Specific Requirements
There are three (3) separate Parts to this RFQ, one for each Sand Shed at the three Township Works Yards. The Contractor(s) can provide quotes on any or all three Parts of the RFQ. The Contractor(s) shall provide unit costs and a total cost for the estimated sand quantities for each Part quoted. The Contractor shall also provide a mid-winter re-supply unit price for each location, in the event that the Township needs a re-supply at any location. The Contractor is required to supply the material, labour and equipment for the delivery of the winter sand, loading and mixing with salt and stacking in each storage facility. The Township will supply the salt for all three locations.
The following is the scope of the contract for this RFQ:
PART 1 – Ward 1 (Barrie) Sand Shed
Supply, deliver, mix with salt and stack 1500 tonnes of winter sand.
PART 2 – Ward 2 (Plevna) Sand Shed
Supply, deliver, mix with salt and stack 4000 tonnes of winter sand.
PART 3 – Ward 3 (Ompah) Sand Shed
Supply a loader and stacker to mix sand with salt and stack 2000 tonnes of winter sand. The Township will deliver the winter sand to the Ompah Works Yard from the existing screened stockpile at Tooley’s pit and also supply the salt.
Please note the following:
• The RFQ Submission is due by 2:00 pm on Thursday August 31, 2017.
• RFQ Submissions can be provided by letter, fax or emailed to:
Jim Phillips, P.Eng. Public Works Manager
Township Of North Frontenac
6648 Road 506, Plevna, ON K0H 2M0
Fax No. 613-479-2352
Email – email@example.com
• All product must be supplied, delivered and/or stockpiled at the various locations by 3:00 PM, Thursday September 28, 2017.
• If the total cost of the individual RFQ Parts exceeds $20,000, a Bid Deposit of 5% shall be provided with the Submission and will be held until the successful completion of the Contract. If submitting your quote by fax or email, please include a copy or scan your bid deposit.
• With regard to this type of operation all safety precautions shall be observed with the current Ontario Occupational Health & Safety Act & Regulations.
• The Contractor shall verify by measurement or weight the quantity of material delivered.
• The RFQ Submission shall also include the firm’s expertise and references.
• Prior to the delivery of the product or services, the Successful Contractor(s) will be required to provide insurance and WSIB clearances acceptable to the Township, in accordance with the Township’s Procurement Policy and By-law, available on the Township website @ www.northfrontenac.ca
• Lowest or any submission may not necessarily be accepted.
The Township reserves the right to award separate contracts for each location based on the prices received.
Please direct any specific inquiries to Jim Phillips P.Eng., Public Works Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org, (613) 479-2231 Extension 230
This page was last updated on August 21, 2017